Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chrissi B! Happy for No Reason ....try it!

If I ask, "Quick, write down three things that make you happy! Hurry! Hurry!" What springs to mind? No, after you find me demanding and annoying. What do you write?
A good friend was sharing thoughts on a book ...Happy for No Reason, written by Marci Shimoff. He explained, Ms. Shimoff suggested that we each make a list of three things that make us happy. Three small things for which we are grateful, jotted down, each night before our head hits the pillow.

He explained that Ms. Shimoff theorizes that WE can change our mindset and become happy people. I so believe this.

I cannot make you happy. You cannot make me happy. No one person in the world has the power to provide happiness and joy for another.

Sure, we can find joy in moments, and happiness in small bites out of each day, but happiness comes from within. I so sound like my grandmother here. She was the happiest soul I have ever met, but alas, that is for another chat.

As the "holly-daze" approach, with all of the stresses and worries that they bring, lets each find happy places in our own little lives. Happy moments to jot and recall.

I have been keeping notes of happy and grateful moments for years. It works. As I become stressed and overwhelmed with life's annoying moments, I quickly jot ....Cutest Hubby, great family, great friends ......You know, we each hold our own lists of life's gifts. They may get lost in the daily mess of living and breathing, but they are there. The simple joys!
If one day is particularly daunting, I read through some past "happy thoughts" and again, I find joy.

Visit Ms. Shimoff's site. There are books to purchase, events to visit and songs to download. Be happy and ...enjoy!





No comments: