Monday, November 3, 2008

Chrissi B! bring on the fans, we have a buffet warmer from Bella ...


A day of football at our house yesterday. Teams lost. Teams won. Sorry, I don't really know who won or lost, but I do know ....My house was filled with lots of hungry fans looking for some quick food fixes between passes and field goals.

I love having fans over to enjoy the weekend games with the guys, but I always worry what to serve and how to serve it so I can NOT be there. I can tolerate football well enough, but not for the entire day. My plan is just that ...I will plan and walk away. Or shall we say run away to the quiet of upstairs where there is a "football free" zone.

So after years of lining up crock pots and electric pans, I came across food warmers. They are everywhere ...Macy's, Kohl's, Target, all have their versions. What a great idea. I can make all the fixings for Tacos and leave the guys to fend for themselves. Love it!

I purchased the Bella Cucina Triple Buffet Server from Macy's and love it. After using this for a few BBQs and some football weekends, I now see a future of putting together holiday buffets with ease.

Cutest Hubby and I have even brunch from the warmer. Scrambled eggs, cream cheese stuffed french toast, and sauteed apples, each warm and ready to eat. No more pulling out trays from the oven ....Easy. Love it!

Although the containers appear small at first glance, they are 2.5 quarts each. That is a nice amount of taco fillings, chicken wings or even fabby french toast. If you have a large family or love to host the fans on the spur of the moment, consider a warmer. Many are on sale this year and it may be just the thing to give you a bit more time with guests ....enjoy!


* here is a lovely recipe for stuffed french toast from Bed and Breakfast Inns Online, Queen Anne's on 7th,Charleston Illinois (pictured) .....check it out*

No comments: