Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chrissi B! A simple dinner napkin ...


This weekend promises to be a whirlwind of entertaining. Cutest Hubby has family and friends coming in for some fun .....Lucky me, I am planning and plotting.

As I ready menus and prepare serving platters and dishes, I scour the linen cupboard for napkins. I love a good linen napkin, don't you? I have collected linens from vintage shops, antique shops, flea markets, family and all retail sources. I adore the offerings of The Pottery Barn and Horchow for the ease of a good monogrammed find.

When deciding on linens, my thoughts also turn to napkin rings. I rarely use a napkin ring, but I so love the display. I appreciate the finish it provides your table setting, or the ease it enables guests to gather their needs at a buffet table. An email arrived for me this week with some grand napkin rings ...Perhaps these will amuse.....

Mackenzie-Childs (Love them!), offer these classically bold bone and horn rings. Not too formal and whimsical enough to work with Tracey Porter, Toile or something a bit more modern. Well priced in sets of four, these would make a lovely stocking gift.

If your budget is a bit larger and your tastes a bit more eclectic, wander over to Horchow for these topiary wonders. At forty-five dollars each, they are not for the faint of heart, but may make a lovely gift for the napkin ring collector.

Unique and dimensional napkin rings from the past make a grand collection. I love the display of the silver children's napkin rings around a dinner table, each different, each wonderful! Next time you wander through a good antique shop, check out the silver or plated napkin rings ....Many will delight.

If the thought of napkins and place settings seems to please, consider a few offerings from Barnes and Noble .... I liked The Complete Napkin Book and Napkin Folds.

A simple change of dinner linens can make your tired china new again. ....enjoy!

No comments: