Friday, July 25, 2008

Chrissi B! just me and the Mona Lisa and a glass of milk?


Happy Friday to you! I love a Friday afternoon, full of anticipation of the free days ahead. What will you plan for the weekend? For many of us around the country it is the time of county and state fairs. Fairs are a grand event. The lights! The colors! The oddities!

I once visited a large state fair, where there was a restaurant set up just for milk! Come on' you know who you are mid-western state ...A milk bar? I was amazed as people stood in line to sit and grab a cold glass of milk. I have milk at home, I came to the fair for adventure. I came for ...Milk? Needless to say, I walked by that offering.

My home state of Minnesota has a great state fair. Quite a fun place to spend the day. I haven't been to Minnesota for a few years, but I can easily get my fix through shopping online. One of my favorite finds are stores like The General Store of Minnetonka.

The General Store offers traditional gifting goodies as well as some fun "Minnesotan" items ....a book, "How to Talk Minnesotan", a must read for anyone from the Loon state.

I love the Internet for many reasons. As we know, we can shop all hours, pay bills naked, or simply chat in our jammies. One of my favorite Internet joys is the ability to play in one city, and ten minutes later, play in another. I can shop in Soho at 9:00, yet be in Boulder at 9:10 and visit the Louvre at 9:30! You gotta love it.

However your weekend finds you, have fun! Play! If time permits, play in your favorite city or two. The world is yours ....enjoy!





No comments: