Friday, October 17, 2008

Chrissi B! Christopher Garren's Let Them Eat Cake ....you gotta love it ...


I have a secret to share. Not a huge secret, just a small tidbit that I feel I must share before I chat with you today. I am not a huge fan of cake. Oh I love a small bit of a cupcake now and then (as posted in our chat the other day ....All true). I do simply love to bake cakes for my family, but alas, I will not indulge in your big box bakery cake, or be upset if no cake is offered at a birthday affair. I can do without. What I cannot do without is the artistry of a great cake.

Have you seen the show on The Food Network, The Ace of Cakes? Love it! Or perhaps you have seen the challenge shows, when artists from around the country meet to make a themed cake? Love those too. So, strolling around the web the other day (I can't remember why or how) and I found the most amazing cake artists in Let Them Eat Cake!, right here in southern Cali. Costa Mesa to be exact.... Imagine!

Christopher Garren's Let Them Eat Cake, is not your ordinary cake purveyor. This place is magical. Have an idea for a special occasion? This must be a resource if you are in the area. One stroll through the portfolio will amuse and inspire. The possibilities seem endless to this shop of talent. Piles of Tiffany' boxes stacked among bags from Nordys ....Each made of cake! An array of movie tins and films, decorated with realistic images from the big screen. Simple flour, eggs and sugar dance in the hands of these artists. What fun!

On closer look, you will also find, that this great shop offers classes! Love it! Perhaps you would like to make your own cakes a work of art? This is a resource for you. Classes in all areas of sculpting and designing can run from a few hours to the better part of your day. Grab a friend and indulge in your cake passion. A must for a budding caterer or baker.

Let Them Eat Cake, is just minutes from amazing shopping, beaches and other creature comforts. A grand destination for fun ....enjoy!

No comments: