Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chrissi B! kitchen attire ....


You can usually find me in the kitchen at some point during the day. I am the chief cook at our house and I really don't mind the position. I like the prep work in making a meal. I love gathering my foodie finds and creating something healthy and new. I hate the clean up, but I have huge help from Cutest Hubby. Yeah me!

When traipsing around my kitchen, the attire dujour is an apron. I love a great apron. I love the ability to wipe my floured hands on something other than my jeans, and I love keeping my clothing from all the mess of cooking. I feel a bit more "real" when in an apron ...Must be too much of The Food Network.

Aprons are not that easy to find these days. Oh yes, you can find an assortment of butcher aprons, in all colors and sizes. Pending their brand and fabrication, they fade and shrink and often, I feel as if I need to hit the BBQ, rather than the stove. I do like the Williams-Sonoma selection of classic butcher aprons, their colors are nice and they offering monogramming. Love it. We gift this apron rather often and the shipping is super fast.

When looking for an apron with a bit more flavor, consider a trip to Anthropologie. Yes, your favorite shop for clothes and gifties has a great assortment of retro-inspired aprons for even the fussiest of chefs. I love both the "Eat your Veggies" offering, and the Apple Farm too. Both are whimsical and remind me of something my grandmom would of donned while doing her kitchen duties. Prices are great and the designs are always changing, so don't hesitate to pick up your favorite.

I find putting on a simple cotton apron, dresses me for the occasion and suddenly, I am in the mood to play and create. Perhaps a new apron will inspire you to play in your kitchen too! ...enjoy!

No comments: